Time: 20mins approx
- 3 cups Chick peas (Kala chana).
- 1 big Onion. (Finely chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes. (Finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Ginger garlic paste.
- 1/2 tsp Musturd seeds.
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder.
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp Coriander leaves.
- 1 1/2 tsp Red Chili powder.
- 1 tsp Coriander powder.
- 2 tsp Garam Masala.
- 2 tbsp Oil.
- Salt. (As per taste)
1. Soak the chick peas overnight, completely immersed in water. (atleast 12hrs)
2. Once nicely soaked, take them in a pressure cooker and add water to pressure cook them. Add 1 tsp of black pepper and 1 tsp salt and then pressure cook them until tender.
3. Heat oil. (On a medium flame)
4. Add cumin seeds and mustard seeds and fry them for 10secs. (On a medium flame)
5. Add onions and fry them till light golden.
6. Add turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and red chilli powder. Mix it well.
7. Add ginger garlic paste. Saute briefly for a minute. (On a medium flame)
8. Add tomatoes and mix well. Mix it thoroughly till a gravy is formed and let it simmer for a minute. (On a medium flame)
9. Add chick peas. Add some salt. Mix it thoroughly.
10. Instanlty add 2 glass of water and salt. Mix it thoroughly.
11. Cover the vessel and let it cook till the gravy thickens and reaches the desired curry consistency. (On a medium flame)
12. Once nicely cooked, add coriander leaves to it. Keep the vessel covered for another 10mins to trap the aroma.